viernes, 19 de octubre de 2018

My teachers


Hi, boys and girls! 

Claudio here. Live and in stereo.  For those of you reading this, it’s been a tough couple of days for me here, my computer died. I’m fine. Thank you for your prayers. I bought a new computer, so I’m back.




Today’s post is going to be a little bit different from what I usually do here. I want to talk with you about something personal.
Today, I want to talk about my teachers… from the prof. I’m going to be a graduated teacher soon, and I start thinking about all the teachers I had. Sometimes I’m teaching, and it’s like I can see myself as one of my teachers.


I think I had great teachers along my teacher training. I remember one of those teachers told me something really important. She told me, “You are going to learn how to be a good teacher from other teachers, but you can also learn how to be a bad teacher from other teachers.” I was like…


But this is my last year in the prof, and I feel those words now. Sometimes I reflect on everything I learned from my teachers. Each teacher is different, and they have different styles, and I love that. I truly believe that I have a part of each teacher in me. I’m like their Frankenstein or something.
I remember, the same teacher saying, “I’m going to be dead, and buried but I’m going to live in you.” So, are we a bunch of horcruxes, now?


There are teachers from which I learned nothing. Well, yes, I learned how not to give feedbacks. I learned that if I don’t like my job, I should find something else to do for a living. I learned that if I don’t plan my lesson in advance, my students will notice.
What I’m going to say now is going to be a sock for you. There was a teacher who betrayed me. There was a teacher who lied to me, and to all my classmates. At the end of the year, she gave me a passing mark I didn’t deserve. I was so angry with her, and from that moment on, she lost all my respect. It is sad to say this, but I don’t want to be like her. I learned nothing at all in a subject that was so important for me as a teacher. I really wanted to learn, and I was disappointed. Having a ten in your report card is great, but I am here because I really want to learn, don’t make me waste my time.

But, I also had, and I still have, great teachers who I will remember with love and affection. Teachers who encouraged me to be better, and to realize that learning is a process that never ends. They still teach me that, and more, with their example, and dedication. And for that, I will always be grateful to them.

So, you see? Today’s post was quite different.



Have a great weekend everybody!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entrada destacada

And We are back!

Hi there! How are you? It’s been ages since we spoke. I enjoyed my holidays a lot. It's good to be back, though. If you are new here...

Entradas populares