martes, 7 de noviembre de 2017

One country, many cultures

Hi there, mates! How are you doing? This is my post number 27, whoa! I love writing these posts. I really enjoy it. I think it's nice to have a space to share the things that we love.  I believe that we all have one thing in common: we are all Scottish. Now there are people out there going like, “He thinks we are all Scottish because we are reading this blog?” “Do I look Scottish?” “I knew it! I am not going to understand a word of this." Worry not. That was my obligatory Scottish reference. I have to say something Scottish otherwise some people might say: “He didn’t say anything Scottish. He is not in love with Scotland. What happened to our Scottish fan? Seriously, though, if you are reading this you are probably Scottish. You have “tendencies.” You have thought about it. Now people are going to say: “I have thought about it. Am I Scottish?  Is that how they get us?” No. I think the one thing we have in common is that we all love cultures. That is a beautiful thing.



I want to start this posts by asking something, do you like travelling?


Well, I love travelling. As you know, this year I travelled to Scotland. But this is not the only country that I visited. Apart from Scotland, I have been to Russia, Italy, Bolivia, Spain, Irland, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Paraguay, Poland, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, France, China, Chile, Portugal and Lithuania.  I know what you are thinking…



Let me explain it.

Yesterday, I went to a fantastic event in Flores. This event was about the Korean culture in Buenos Aires. It was amazing.



Founded in 2009, Buenos Aires Celebra is a programme to support the celebration of national festivals in Buenos Aires. Communities as diverse as Polish, Austrian, Basque, Syrian, Scottish, Korean and Croatian take part, and the celebrations are usually held on the Avenida de Mayo, the city’s historic and civic centre.



I love these events because they give us the opportunity to share with other cultures. In Buenos Aires celebrates Korea lots of people, from different nationalities, joined together to celebrate this beautiful country. Nazca Avenue and Avellaneda were full of Argentine, Bolivian, Paraguayan, and Brazilian people eating kimchi, Teokboki, Japche and Bibimbab. People danced to the rhythm of  K-pop and played games like Hanbok, Neolttwigi, Jegichagi and Tuho.







Traditional bands like UheeNori (who came from Korea only for this event), Toray, Miss Kim and Nuripae gave their best to entertain the audience. There was a Korean traditional fashion show, too. Even the police officers in the event were Korean.




Hanbok Fashion Show 

Nuripae Samulnori 


It was like walking down the street of Seoul in summer. It was full of people, and when the show started, you couldn’t even move.




Every year I go to BA celebrates Scotland and Ireland, but this year I wanted to know other cultures, too. So, I decided to assist as many events of "BA Celebra" as I could. Let me tell you that every country put a lot of effort to prepare these celebrations. They always say how thankful they are with Argentina and its people.


You will learn a lot about immigration, culture and language. The best thing is that these events are in Buenos Aires. By the way, "BA Celebra" is totally free. 
So, you don’t have any excuse to visit Buenos Aires and learn about these fascinating countries.



Of course, there is a day when all the countries celebrate Argentina. This event is outstanding. 



So, if you really want to know about different countries and their cultures, without taking a plane, come to Buenos Aires and enjoy of its diversity. 

Here you have the next BA Celebra, I hope to see you there :) 


Have a great week :) 

If you want to learn more about BA Celebra you can visit: https://disfrutemosba.buenosaires.gob.ar/


3 comentarios:

  1. What can I say, my dear Claudio? With you it is impossible not to learn new things all the time. I congratulate you on your enthusiasm and on your capacity to share this enthusiasm!!! Remember to kkep writing in this blog... I promise I'll follow you!! ;-)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I loved your post Clau... I have never heard about those events.!! I think they are very interesting.! I would be glad to know more about those countries and culture.!!! Thanks a lot Clau.!! I will try to assist to some of those BA Celebra soon.!! Great post.!!

    ResponderEliminar

Entrada destacada

And We are back!

Hi there! How are you? It’s been ages since we spoke. I enjoyed my holidays a lot. It's good to be back, though. If you are new here...

Entradas populares