domingo, 6 de agosto de 2017

Enough is never

Halo, mates! Today’s post is going to be short and sweet. It’ll be sweeter than you think. I want to talk about something delicious: chocolate. You can eat chocolate alone, or you can share it. Hahaha, I never share chocolate, no. I love eating chocolate because it is 10 minutes long and you don’t have to take any clothes off, which is exactly how my boss described my first interview at the lab. What a liar. I got the job, though. I think most people love chocolate. I’m not saying there’s something wrong if you don’t like chocolate. I’m just saying we can’t be friends, and I don’t trust you. Chocolate can help you in many ways. So, keep reading this post and, at the end of the day, you will be happier, smarter and younger.



The other day I read an article about the benefits of dark chocolate. We all know that chocolate protects our brain from damage, protects our heart, and makes us happy (thanks to the production of endorphins). Dark chocolate produces tryptophan, an amino acid related to happiness and positive mood. But did you know that chocolate can help you to concentrate when you are studying? According to the article, dark chocolate improves memory and focus. In addition, Dark chocolate also contains phenylethylamine, the so called “love drug,” because it gives you the sensation of being in love.



According to researchers:
  • ·        Dark chocolate improves blood flow to the brain. Compounds in dark chocolate boost memory, attention span, reaction time, and problem-solving skills by increasing blood flow to the brain.
  • Chocolate contains flavonoids which improve standardized cognitive test scores.The flavonoids in chocolate have been shown to improve blood flow to the brain in young and old alike. Cocoa’s flavonoids penetrate and accumulate in the brain regions involved in learning and memory, especially the hippocampus. 
  • ·        Chocolate also contains some caffeine, a known brain booster that in low doses improves memory, mood, and concentration.
  • ·        The powerful antioxidants found in dark chocolate reduce the risk of dementia. In fact, the more chocolate seniors ate, the less likely they were to develop dementia.
  • ·        Including chocolate in your diet could keep your heart healthy
  • ·        One of the most unusual dark chocolate health benefits is that it increases beneficial bacteria in your intestines. Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are two of the most prevalent “good” bacteria in your gut and are found in most probiotic supplements.
  • ·        Eating chocolate has been shown to be neuroprotective and enhance brain plasticity — a trait that’s linked to increased intelligence.
  • Chocolate can protect the skin against sun damage. 


The article also says you should choose the darkest chocolate that you enjoy. Good dark chocolate with a cocoa percentage of around 70% or more. I think it’s important to treat yourself now and then because there’s a new study where doctors proved that when you’re kind with yourself by eating chocolate, you’re more likely to be kind to others. And, yes, I made that up. To be fair, half of the stuff Dr. Polo says is not true.

Remember the rules



So treat yourself and have some chocolate. Being addicted to it won’t get you arrested.

See ya :)


2 comentarios:

  1. I eat chocolate everyday, but I always fail my exams ahahahah. There's sth wrong me ahahah

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Gustavo... maybe the problem is combining it with dairy... did you read the last part?? :-)
    Claudio...thanks for giving me sooo many reasons not to feel guilty!! :-) Very interesting info!!

    ResponderEliminar

Entrada destacada

And We are back!

Hi there! How are you? It’s been ages since we spoke. I enjoyed my holidays a lot. It's good to be back, though. If you are new here...

Entradas populares